Applications for the 2018-19 school year will be accepted
January 15, 2018 - March 17, 2018
Purpose: We are dedicated to the youth of Yountville, including supporting their continuing education. Scholarships are intended to demonstrate commitment to our high school graduates' career goals.
The student must:
- Be a resident of the Town of Yountville for at least one year (PO Box address is not acceptable) and/or
- Have attended the Yountville Elementary School and/or
- Be a child or grandchild of an active member of the Kiwanis Club of Yountville, even if the member's child/grandchild did not live in Yountville and did not attend school in Yountville.
The student applicant must:
- Complete the Kiwanis Club of Yountville Scholarship Application
- Obtain a minimum of five (5) points as noted under the Criteria for Evaluation point system.
- Submit back up material (Letters or recommendation and transcripts) by the deadline.
Applications must be received by electronic transmission and all letters of recommendation and/or transcripts by mail or email and be received no later than March 17, 2018.
Criteria for Evaluation:
A point system to help determine awarding of scholarship to applicants:
a. GPA 2.8- 3.0 = 1 point
b. GPA 3.01-3.49 = 2 points
c. GPA 3.50- 3.9 = 3 points
d. GPA 3.901 & above = 4 points
e. Member of key club organization = 2 points
f. Volunteer in community service = 2 points
g. Awards, recognition, or honors received = 1 point
The total number of points to be eligible for a scholarship is five (5) points.
Scholarship funding comes from our annual fundraising efforts, primarily the Crab Feed. The amount and number of scholarships given will depend on the budget approved by the Board of Directors each October.
High school seniors will receive first consideration and current college students will be considered if additional funds are available. Past years recipients are encouraged to apply each year and may be awarded a scholarship multiple years based on the scoring shown above.
Email/Mail Letters of Recommendation and Transcripts to:
Kiwanis Club of Yountville
Attn: Scholarship Committee
P. 0. Box 2065
Yountville, CA 94599
Or email to
Scholarship awardees must submit their Fall 2018 registration confirmation in order to receive their scholarship funds. Once received, a check will be mailed to the scholarship recipients requested address. Confirmations can be mailed or emailed to the addresses shown above. Any unclaimed scholarship funds will return to the Clubs general project fund balance for future use.